FLORENCE, ITALY – All visitors of the city of Florence are encouraged to love and respect it. The Florence Experience is something unique and unforgettable.
#EnjoyRespectFirenze is the name of a campaign that focuses on correct behaviours to keep once you are here. It also highlights the opportunities that the City of Florence offers to its visitors.
10 best practices:
1) visit this website to plan your stay;
2) please use the public toilests or those located in bars and restaurants of which you are customer;
3) in Florence you can drink fresh and free public water. Take a glass or a travel bottle or reuse empty plastic bottles;
4) there are 4 infopoints in the city: piazza Stazione, via Cavour, Bigallo (piazza Duomo) and at the airport: please turn to them;
5) if you want to rest or have a snack use proper benches and spaces;
6) throw your garbage in the waste bins, use the recycling bins. If Florence remains clean it will also be thanks to you;
7) monuments, churches, statues and other beauties are at your disposal to be admired and visited. Respect them;
8) enjoy the city and respect the others with your behaviour, but also with your clothing, respect places of worship;
9) visit the crafts shops and buy original products. Don’t buy from illegal street vendors, don’t buy fake goods;
10) taste the local typical products of the Tuscan tradition.
#EnjoyRespectFirenze stresses in a simple and direct way, with unequivocal icons, which behaviour is not correct and is to be avoided if you don’t want to incur in penalties.
What you should not do:
1) it is forbidden to litter public areas: use waste bins;
2) don’t sit and consume food and drink on the steps of monuments and churches;
3) don’t damage or scribble on the walls of old palaces or churches, or on works of art;
4) don’t immerse yourself in fountains; don’t climb on monuments, do not endanger yourself and others;
5) in public places and establishments don’t show yourself bare-chested or wearing swimwear, even if it’s hot in summertime;
6) don’t buy counterfeit goods or any goods from illegal street vendors.